The conference “Computers at School”

The conference "Computers at School" is a place for mutual inspiration and discussion in all of the ICT areas of the RVP (education school plan). Attendees can, over a period of 3 days, attend over 100 presentations, workshops about ICT at elementary and preschool institutions.

Publish: 8.4.2020
Author: DigiKoalice

Since 2003 Gymnázium Vincence Makovského se sportovními třídami Nové Město na Moravě has been host to the nationwide conference “Computers at School”. The conference is regularly attended by around 200 people, mainly students of primary and high schools, but also by commercial companies and nonprofit organizations, that are drawn together by the idea of the efficient use of digital technologies in education.

During the three-day program, there are almost one hundred lectures and workshops. Approximately 70% of all contributors are teachers with their practical experiences who attempt to convince the other participants, and about 30% of the remaining contributors are commercial companies with news about the world of hardware and software. The conference is open to all who are interested. Active pedagogues have an opportunity to present good examples of the practical use of digital technologies in the teaching of any subject, and by doing so, raise the profile of their school and also interact other colleagues on the subject. Corporate participants present practical demonstrations of their products in teaching and also as a support for teaching and operating ICT technologies at schools.

During the conference, for example, Microsoft presented to teachers innovations in office applications, and the possibility to use 3D modeling in teaching and programming of simple games. The company K-net Technical International Group advised network administrators on Internet security and introduced software for inventory control, management and monitoring of the school’s IT infrastructure. How to successfully implement 3D printing in teaching was explained to the conference participants by the company Y SOFT Corporation, with a selection of high-quality data projector and ink printers recommended by the Epson company. We cannot afford not to mention the couple of dozen speeches given by teachers of primary and secondary schools and universities who passed on valuable experiences to colleagues from other parts of the Czech Republic.